Thursday, August 8, 2013

Summer of 2013 Part 2: And so, it Begins

The weekend after school was out was pretty much an eventful, action packed, great jump start to summer.

It went a little something like this:

Saturday:  Hunter's Graduation in Houston.  Congrats Hunter!
I don't have a pic with Hunter in it, but I do have a fabulous pic with my beautiful niece, Madison and my sister-in-law, Nicole.
She currently holds my heart!


Sunday: Momford and Son's Concert in Austin
Blankets on the lawn, bare feet, cold drinks, and great friends= Perfect start of the Summer!
Good People

Monday: Wine Tour in Fredericksburg
There's a bit of a story to go with this one.  I set up this wine tour MONTHS in advance.  People took off work, schedules were re-arranged, and baby sitters were hired.  Yet the day of the tour...our limo company STOOD US UP!!!  I was dumbfounded.  I mean, HOW RUDE!!  So with 10 thirsty people at my house, (and no one jumping up to volunteer to be the Designated Driver), I was about to break down.  Luckily, my super organized, problem solving friend Kara went into Manager mode and started calling other companies.  She pretty much saved the day, and before we could say, "Mimosa", a super cheesy stretch Hummer was pulling in to our cul-de-sac on a Monday morning, to take us on a fun filled vino extravaganza.  Crisis averted!  Thanks for being a grown up and taking care of business Kara!
Subtle...

Love these crazy people

"Everybody do something funny in front of this winery...cause that's normal."

Panoramic

Now if I could only learn how to NOT join a wine club on every one of these things, I'll be set.

The summer was not off to a bad start!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment