Friday, August 9, 2013

Summer of 2013 Part 3: Hey Girl, Hey!

On Tuesday, June 11, 2013 Austin, Tx got a little bit louder.  I was so excited to welcome not just one, but BOTH of my beautiful sisters to fly down from Nashville, TN to stay with us for a week!  Last summer, Jacqueline came to visit and it was one of the most memorable weeks ever.  So I was really looking forward to getting to share my wonderful city with Kathryn for the first time, and make Jacqueline fall in love with Austin even more.  Seriously, I started planning this trip in like, January!  

I can't explain how important and special these times are for me.  Since my sisters live with my mom and step-dad in Nashville, I hardly ever get to see them.  However, luckily over the past few years we have been able to spend some quality time together, and grow closer.  There is honestly nothing in this world like having sisters.  I love these girls so much that I tear up when I think about them, and I feel like they are some of my best friends in the whole world.  I would do pretty much anything for them.

Therefore, I was looking forward to showing them a good time in the ATX...

Our week was full of shopping, eating, floating, eating, shopping, movies, and concerts.  Needless to say, I think it was a success!!!
They each received a gift basket in their rooms when they arrived :)
We did some Shopping on South Congress
Visited good ol' TX State (She's a natural bobcat y'all!)

 ADPi Love!  
Tap Room.  Nothing like a side of cigarette smoke with your burger!

No trip to Austin is complete without  floating the RIVER!



 We ended the week at the Randy Rogers concert!  So fun!!  
(P.S. I love that Kathryn is throwing her arm up in every picture.  She is totally my sister!  Haha!)
Fun Girls


Chillin with the Randy Rogers Band

I have to say, that my goal is to convince them to move to Texas!!!  Just get here already girls!

So, usually when a close friend or family member leaves I get really sad, but I didn't have to this time because I knew I was about to spend another week with them in Nashville!  
(Stay tuned for the next blog post!)  

Needless to say, I knew Justin was looking forward to a little peace and quiet :).  















No comments:

Post a Comment